Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Why Night Heron?

Why did I decide to name this project Night Heron?

In the neighborhood around my apartment there are these amazing birds that I only see when I'm out walking my dog late at night- Night Herons! When I first saw them, I had no idea what they were called, but after a few minutes of research I figured it out and I've been in love with them ever since. They've got the most amazing color scheme, don't you think?



If you didn't know, the Raleigh Bicycle headbadge depicts a Heron, apparently a character in the family coat-of-arm's of the company's founder, Frank Bowden.



The inspiration of seeing the cool looking birds on my nightly walks combined with my love of Raleigh Bicycles (and their funky logo) led to me wanting to build a bike called the Night Heron.

I'd like to work the Night Heron's color scheme into the design of the bike. More on how that'll work out coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment